Dealing with a Harrowing Personal Injury? Be Sure to Hire a Professional Solicitor
As we all know, sustaining a painful personal injury at the hands of a negligent third-party is one of the most stressful, traumatic experiences a person can endure, but it’s important to understand the true size and scope of this ever-present issue in today’s day and age:
- Each year, upwards of 130,000 Britons are admitted to emergency rooms due to serious brain injuries.
- According to a 2017 survey, approximately 500,000 UK citizens are living with debilitating long-term impairments resulting from skull fractures and brain impacts.
- Spinal cord injuries affect over 40,000 people in the United Kingdom per year.
- The vast majority of individuals victimised by head and spinal injuries must deal with grave complications for years on end, including infections, pressure sores, strokes, clinical depression, heart attacks, and even death.
- A new personal injury situation transpires approximately once every eight hours around the UK, and many are caused by a careless or neglectful person.
Thus, if you’ve been subjected to a serious incident in your workplace, on the road, or any other public place, the responsibility is on you to act quickly and ascertain a renowned local attorney to help you obtain just compensation for your injuries.
How Can a Legal Professional Help?
As a general rule of thumb, you have 36 months to pursue legal action and file a claim to account for a personal injury, but it’s worth mentioning the fact that your compensation amount will be directly correlated to your responsiveness. As such, it’s in your best interests to reach out to a reputable team of head injury solicitors in Kent as soon as you leave the hospital, because it will allow your advocates to assemble the proper evidence, organise your case, coordinate medical records, and initiate swift legal action.
With this notion in mind, a time-tested attorney will fight for you during in-court and out-of-court arbitrations to recover as much compensation as possible:
- Any healthcare expenses related to your injury
- All current and upcoming rehabilitation requirements
- The full value of any lost earnings during your impairment
- A projection of future lost wages
- Personal distress, suffering, and anguish
- Any damage to your property, possessions, or assets
- Insurance expenditures
- And other case-specific facets dependent upon your situation
How Can I Find a Trustworthy Legal Team?
The most distinguished personal injury specialists in the UK are able to tout the following traits and characteristics:
- Accredited by the Headway Solicitors Directory as well as the Law Society Personal Injury Panel
- In-house specialisation with slip-and-fall situations, medical malpractice, workplace negligence, car accidents, and a wide range of alternative personal injury scenarios
- Fee-free, no obligation consultations and case assessments for all clients
- 25% fee cap on your compensation amount (you should be able to keep a minimum of 75% of your total settlement)
In as little as one appointment, your solicitor will be able to implement a robust plan of attack and normalise your situation, so be sure to schedule your introductory meeting as soon as possible – there isn’t a moment to spare.